Fairy Dell

Thursday, November 05, 2009

It's November and the weather is very good today, down the Dell the air is full of insects and spiders floating on their threads, seems very warm for the time of year.
Coming down the steps towards the top lake I caught a glimpse of a blue flash as a Kingfisher flew behind and around the island, I lost sight of it and no matter how much I scanned the branches on the water's edge, I couldn't relocate it again.

I met a man who was on the way out of the Dell and he stopped to chat and talked about his younger days playing and exploring around the Dell. He told me a little bit of history but he had plenty more he could tell me. If you read this you can contact me from this site.

Down at the big lake there were around 25 Mallards including the very light brown one, also the Grey Wagtail was there at the edge near the "Frog Spawn" bridge.

3 Comments:

  • I've been down a few times over the last few weeks to try and get a glimpse of the kingfisher but not once have I seen 1 :(

    By Anonymous Mark, at 11:56 am  

  • sometimes it's just being in the right place at the right time !
    I'd never seen it at the top lake but on the main lake it used to like to sit in the low branches on the lake side where the reeds are.

    By Blogger mike g, at 5:09 pm  

  • Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home