Fairy Dell

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Well, Autumn is certainly hitting the Dell now, plenty of leaves on the ground and the sound of Blackbirds,Thrushes and Squirrels rustling through them.

I saw two Grey Wagtails today up at the dam end of the lake, no Kingfisher though but there were a few people and dogs about.
The Mallards had a very light brown one with them today, not sure what it is or what it is crossed with !
It would be interesting to hear of what others have seen, birds or animals, even fungi that is popping up all over at the moment.

Had an extended walk all the way to Newham Hall via the beck path that comes out at the main road to Coulby. My main reason was to see if I could find the Tree Sparrows I had seen before in the hedges at the back of the estate houses, I wasn't disappointed although I only saw two but heard many more. Never seen these birds in the Dell even though the distance is slight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home