Fairy Dell

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Spring


A couple of weeks back Chiffchaffs had arrived, this week there was a lot of Blackcaps around the Dell. My highlight of the week was a Great Spotted Woodpecker, it was on the old decaying stump near the Frogspawn Bridge and I managed to get within feet of it as it chiselled out the wood looking for it's food, if only I had taken my camera that day !
The Heron seems to be spending a lot of time around the big lake, I've seen it every day that I have been down the Dell and managed to get a photograph of it when it was feeding just near the island. It didn't notice me hid in the bushes !!

If you have been around the lake in last couple of days you can't have missed the carving on the birdhide. I'll put some pictures up soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home